Scholarships for Santa Fe Seniors
Santa Fe students and parents have access to an extensive list of scholarships that are closely monitored and maintained by College Guidance Consultants/E-Scholarships USA! Many of the scholarships are for seniors only; however, there are a few that are open to underclassmen, alumni, and adults. Log in using the following:
Take time to review the scholarship table and consider these helpful hints:
- Review the criteria for each scholarship. If it pertains to you, make time for it. If not, cross it off the list. Save time and submit only scholarship applications for which you qualify.
- Make sure to include deadlines in your student planner or family calendar. Aside from NOT applying, the biggest reason why students don't receive scholarships is because they miss deadlines.
- See Mrs. Hobbs with questions. Several of the scholarships listed offer direct links to web-based applications. However, some also require students to retrieve hard copies from the counselor's office or directly from an organization's member. When in doubt, just ask.
- Students who utilize an effective system of organization are the most successful at receiving large scholarship awards. Create a scholarship folder or binder; keep copies of EVERYTHING; and plan ahead. You will be surprised how many applications look alike and how many require similar answers to questions.
- Make time for scholarships. Students are busy with school work, jobs, and extra-curricular activities. Many scholarship applications take as little as 15 minutes, but some require a more lengthy sitting. Create time in your weekly calendar to complete a few scholarships at a time. There's no need to get too overwhelmed when you plan ahead.
- Be advised of heavy deadline dates. Some dates, such as December 1, February 1, March 1 and April 1, are HUGE scholarship deadlines. Don't procrastinate! If you do, you'll miss out on awards that you truly deserve.