The A+ Scholarship Program provides funds to eligible graduates of A+ designated high schools who attend a participating public community college or vocational/technical school, or certain private two-year vocational/technical schools.
Santa Fe High School students are encouraged to participate in the A+ Program. In order to receive scholarship funds, students must:
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or lawfully present in the U.S.
- Enter into a written agreement with your high school prior to graduation.
- Attend a designated A+ high school for 3 consecutive years immediately prior to graduation.
- Graduate with an overall grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Have at least a 95% attendance record overall for grades 9-12.
- Perform at least 50 hours of unpaid tutoring or mentoring
- Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoid the unlawful use of drugs and/or alcohol.
- Have achieved a score of proficient or advanced on the Algebra I end of course (EOC) exam or a higher level DESE approved end-of-course exam in the field of mathematics.
2018, 2019, and 2020 High School seniors - If you meet all of the eligibility requirements except the end of course exam requirement, you may establish eligibility by achieving a combined ACT math subscore and high school GPA in accordance with the following scale. You may achieve the qualifying score as a high school or post-secondary student. If you achieve the score as a post-secondary student you may be eligible for an award in the same term that you take the test.
|ACT Math Score|
High School GPA
|17 or greater||and||2.5 or greater|
|16||and||2.8 or greater|
|15||and||3.0 or greater|
To learn more about the A+ Program, visit the Missouri Department of Higher Education's website at: https://dhewd.mo.gov/ppc/grants/aplusscholarship.php
Although the A+ Scholarship was designed to assist students attending two-year programs, several four-year colleges and universities offer scholarships to students who meet the requirements.
To obtain a copy of the A+ Participation Agreement, see Mrs. Hobbs.
To obtain a copy of the A+ Tutoring Contract, see Mrs. Hobbs.
To obtain a copy of the A+ Tutoring Log, see Mrs. Hobbs.
For more information, contact Mrs. Hobbs at the High School at 660-674-2236 or at email@example.com